The successful candidate will perform
- Daily start-up and shutdown tasks related to the robotic weld cell
- Operation of the robotic weld cell including loading and unloading of fabricated metal parts
- General care and cleaning of consumable parts such as welding tips, nozzles, and wire
- Housekeeping and 5S duties
- Packaging, tagging and labeling duties
- Any other manufacturing duties as required
- Will require operation of a hand grinder, an oxy-acetylene torch, and a jib crane (in-house training will be provided).
- 6 to 12 months previous experience with an automatic robotic welder is an asset
- An ability to read basic blueprints, use Vernier calipers, and a tape measure would be an asset
- Basic math skills are required
- Must have high attention to detail, able to follow written and verbal instruction, and work within a communicated timeline
- Ability to work both independently, and as a team player
- Good physical capability, and a “can do” attitude is a definite asset
- Must be able to show proof of Grade 12 diploma
- All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check.
- Proof of Secondary School Diploma is a must.
This is a physical position that requires:
- Continuous standing for extended periods of time
- Some heavy lifting, carrying and handling of objects.
- Regular use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, bending/stretching, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, walking, pushing/pulling
- Repetitive motion and other job specific requirements
- Precise hand/finger movements
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature fluctuations, moving machinery, loud noise, and dusty environments.
- Sensory Attention: Need to give close attention with hearing or seeing to work surroundings. Must be able to handle exposure to different smells that may occur in the workplace.
- Must be able to wear prescribed PPE that the company requires safety glasses, hearing protection, work boots/shoes and respiratory protection (depending upon job) etc.
- Safety Sensitive Position: This position is a safety sensitive position and if it is not performed in a safe manner, cancause direct and significant damage to property, and/or injury to the employee and others around
What we Offer:
- 3-month probationary period
- Benefit package offered after 3 months of successful service
- Great competitive wages
- RSP Matching Program
We would like to thank all those that apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Galeforce Welding Inc. strives to create a respectful, accessible and barrier-free work environment. If you require accommodation at any step in the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs – simply contact a member of the HR team with your request in advance.